Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world wide web…
You might want to checkout:
- my blog for my ranting and raving…
You never know what you’ll find on my blog — technology, finance, shopping, politics, humor, wisdom, rants, raves… it’s a potpourri of information covering the gamut of my interests. I try and post at least several times a week, and occasionally will post multiple times per day.
If you’re looking for a particular class of information, use the category navigation; if you’re looking for a specific post, just search the blog.
- Here’s what happens to most printed phone books… - If you advertise in a phone book, here’s where your advertising dollars are ending up — and you’re helping to destroy the environment as well; cutting down trees, wasting energy to produce and distribute (and recycle). Think about where you spend your advertising dollars and make both effective and green choices. Phone books in a […]
- Drupal Review - I’ve was waiting for Drupal 7 to do any major work; but with Alpha 2 only barely out (as of writing this) I decided to go ahead and use Drupal 6 and cross my fingers that the upgrade would go reasonably smoothly. Drupal 7 will be released when Drupal 7 is ready for release. NOTE: […]
- Ubuntu 11.10 - I tested out an upgrade of Ubuntu 11.10 on a virtual machine and on a desktop machine… it seemed to go fairly well; but I can’t say that Unity really feels like something that was the result of human factor engineering. I decided to go ahead and phase in the 11.10 upgrade to three of […]
- Happy Samhain - Samhain is the name for the Gaelic festival you probably know better as Halloween (All Saints’ Eve or All Hallows’ Eve). For an excellent article on the history of Halloween and the origins of many of the traditions we know, read up on Wikipedia — you might be surprised by what you read. Halloween on Wikipedia Originally […]
- my gallery for my media…
You can see my life through the lens of my cameras. I try and put pictures of interest on my gallery. Wonderful vistas of landscape, and interesting sites I’ve seen from around the world. I’ll try and put more effort in placing a larger portion of my collection on line for other’s to enjoy.
[singlepic id="309" h="100" float="left"]
[singlepic id="308" h="100" float="right"]
[singlepic id="307" h="100" float="left"]
[singlepic id="306" h="100" float="right"]
- my downloads page to see what widgets I’ve been working on…
You never know what I might have decided to write. It it makes my life easier, I’ll write it, and I don’t mind sharing it. I have lots of code I’ve written over the years (for myself that is, I certainly won’t be sharing code I’ve written as part of my employment).
- USB Sync Utility - Well, not so much a utility as it is a batch file. But what I’ve tried to do here is write a batch file that will locate a USB drive in the system and backup files to it. You will need “robocopy” from the Windows Resource Kit (most any version will do nicely); I’ve though […]
- RAPTOR Example Plugin - RAPTOR is a flowchart interpreter originally designed at the Air Force Academy, the runtime library that comes with RAPTOR is fairly week, and if you’re serious about using it to teach computer programming concepts, or using it for any type of proof of concept, you’ll definitely want to consider enhancing it. Attached is a Microsoft […]
- RAPTOR Loop Logic - RAPTOR is a flowchart interpreter, or flowchart-based programming environment by Terry Wilson, Martin C Carlisle, Jeff Humphries, and Jason Moore from the United States Air Force Academy (used there, the United States Military Academy, and a number of other educational institutions to teach an introductory course to computer programming concepts). How good or bad the […]
- Google Mail IAF Creator - One of the big problems of using Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Windows Live mail with Google Mail (or Google hosted Mail) is that the IMAP folder presentation for special folders isn’t what you probably want (or are accustom to). It’s a straight forward fix to just save an IAF for the account and edit […]
- my contact page if you need to get in touch with me…
You can send me a message about anything that’s on your mind. I love to stay in touch with all the people I know, and I’m always interested in meeting new people from around the world.My views are my own, and they are formed based on my knowledge and personal experiences. If you believe I’m dead wrong about something or haven’t really thought it through, just present me with new facts and experiences and we’ll see what both of us decide. I’m always willing to listen — but I will reserve the right (and privilege) to disagree (as well as afford you those same luxuries).
- my employment page if you would like to present a business or career opportunity to me…
Foremost I consider myself someone who gets things done right, and I’m always ready to consider an interesting and challenging opportunity.
I prefer to deal with principals only.
My resume’ is available for qualified prospects.